> ## Content Index
> Fetch the complete content index at: https://www.broadwaynews.com/llms.txt
> Use this file to discover other available public pages before exploring further.

# ‘Magic Mike’ cancels Boston engagement
- URL: https://www.broadwaynews.com/magic-mike-cancels-boston-engagement/
- Published: 2019-05-23T17:59:47.000Z
- Updated: 2023-04-25T18:14:32.000Z
- Description: The musical adaptation of “Magic Mike” has cancelled its Boston engagement this fall. The producers of “Magic Mike,” which include Channing Tatum and “Magic Mike” movie director Steven Soderbergh, said the reason for the cancellation was that “they don’t feel the musical is ready for production.
- Author: Caitlin Huston
- Tags: Canceled, #caitlin, Magic Mike, Tom Kitt, Brian Yorkey, Emerson Colonial Theatre, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Channing Tatum, Steven Soderbergh, News

The musical adaptation of “Magic Mike” has cancelled its Boston engagement this fall.

The producers of “Magic Mike,” which include Channing Tatum and “Magic Mike” movie director Steven Soderbergh, said the reason for the cancellation was that “they don’t feel the musical is ready for production.”

The news comes after the musical [had postponed a workshop](https://broadwaynews.com/2019/05/02/magic-mike-musical-workshop-postponed-as-writing-team-departs/?ref=broadwaynews.com) earlier this month due to the departure of the writing team, formerly composed of book writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey.

The musical was scheduled to take place at the Emerson Colonial Theatre from Nov. 30, 2019 through Jan. 5.

“Magic Mike” [had previously announced](https://broadwaynews.com/2019/01/24/magic-mike-musical-to-premiere-in-boston-ahead-of-broadway-run/?ref=broadwaynews.com) that it was eyeing Broadway. A spokesperson for the production said Thursday that there was “no further news at this time” on the Broadway timeline.